CDS Exam 2023: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the CDS notification and the CDS application form for the CDS 2 exam on May 17, 2023. Candidates can apply for the CDS 2 registration 2023 till June 6, 2023. CDS 2 Notification PDF 2023 has been shared in this article. The candidates can fill out the application form for CDS 2 exam from May 17 to June 6, 2023. A total of 349 vacancies for the candidates have been released along with the CDS 2 notification. According to the CDS exam calendar, the CDS 2 exam will be conducted on September 3, 2023. According to the CDS 2 Eligibility 2023, only unmarried candidates between the age of 19 to 25 years are eligible to apply for the CDS 2 2023 exam. Candidates who have passed or appearing in the final year of their Graduation can apply for the exam.
CDS 2023 aspirants must begin their CDS exam preparations as per the exam schedule before the exam. The candidates can prepare for the CDS exam by going through the previous years’ question papers, exam pattern and syllabus. Candidates must also attempt mock tests to improve speed and accuracy.
CDS 2023 Highlights
Candidates selected through CDS join as commissioned officers. They undergo training in the respective defence academies. The table below provides some important exam highlights for CDS 2023.
Combined Defence Services Examination
Union Public Service Commission
Maths, English and General Ability Test (GAT)
The written exam conducted in pen-and-paper mode
No. of test cities
More than 70
Twice a year
INR 200 (SC/ST/Women candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are exempted from fee payment)
Passed graduation or are appearing in the same
Admission of candidates for Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training
CDS 2 Notification
The notification for the CDS 2 exam has been released by UPSC on May 17, 2023, for the candidates aspiring for the CDS 2 exam. A total of 349 vacancies have been announced for the recruitment of candidates in IMA, IAF, INA and OTA along with the notification of the CDS 2 exam. The CDS notification has been released in PDF form for the candidates. The notification comprises all the details related to the exam such as important dates, the application process, vacancies, eligibility, exam pattern and syllabus. The steps to download the notification has been given below. The candidates need to follow the steps given below to download the CDS 2 exam. However, the direct PDF link to download the CDS 2 notification will be provided below after its release on the official website:
- Go to the official website-upsc.gov.in
- Click on the exam notification tab
- Click on CDS 2 notification link
- The notification pdf will appear on the screen
- Download the notification and save it for later use
CDS 2 Notification 2023 PDF: Download_Here
CDS 2 2023: UPSC OTR
UPSC has released a new platform for CDS 2 registration 2023 known as the One Time Registration Platform (OTR platform). The online registration will be done once in a lifetime that will be valid for all the exams taken by the UPSC. The platform will fetch the data from the OTR platform while the candidate will fill out the application form for different exams. The candidate can make changes to the OTR within 7 days of registration on the OTR. The candidate can register themselves on the OTR platform at any time of the year. The steps to make registration on the OTR have been given below for the candidates:
- Go to the official website: upsconline.nic.in
- Click on the registration link
- Click on the new registration tab
- Fill out the details asked- Name, Mother's Name, Father's Name, Mobile Number, Email Id, etc
- A password will be sent to the registered email id and mobile number.
- Re-login to the account and reset the password
- After the re-login go to the account and click on the CDS 1 application form link to apply for the exam
CDS 2 Application Form 2023
CDS 2023 application form has been released online by the UPSC on May 17, 2023. The last date to apply for the CDS 2 2023 exam is June 6, 2023. The application form comprises two parts. The application fee can be paid both online and offline. The application fees are INR 200 for General and OBC male candidates. Women, SC and ST candidates are exempted from fee payment. Candidates must check the CDS eligibility criteria before filling out the application form.
CDS 2 Application: Apply Online
The CDS 2 notification has been released on May 17, 2023. Candidates who dreamt of becoming an officer in the Indian Defence can apply for the CDS 1 exam. The link for CDS 2 application form has been activated on May 17, 2023. The CDS 2 registration 2023 is divided into two parts - OTR and Application. The details of the application form have been given in the infograph below for a better understanding of the candidates:
How to Apply for CDS 2 Exam 2023?
The candidates need to follow the steps given below to register for the CDS 2 exam 2023. Registration is the first step of filling out the CDS 2 application form. Look at the steps to apply for the exam:
- Visit the official website of UPSC
- Go to the Part 1 registration CDS online form
- Fill in the personal details, contact details, preferences of academies, etc
- Registration ID is generated
- Fill out the Part 2 registration form of CDS by logging in with the required credentials
- Pay the application fees, select the exam centre, and upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and photo identity card document
- Submit the application form after verifying the details
CDS 2 Online Form 2023 Direct Link- https://upsconline.nic.in/upsc/OTRP/index.php
CDS Eligibility Criteria 2023
UPSC prescribes CDS eligibility criteria in terms of nationality, age limit and educational qualification. To apply for the exam, candidates need to meet the eligibility parameters. CDS eligibility criteria are given below.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India
CDS Age Limit 2023
- CDS 2 2023 age limit for Indian Military Academy (IMA) is that unmarried male candidates born not earlier than January 2, 2000, and not later than January 1, 2005, are eligible to apply
- CDS 1 2023 age limit for Indian Naval Academy (IMA) is that unmarried male candidates born not earlier than January 2, 2000, and not later than January 1, 2005, are eligible to apply
- Candidates applying for Air Force Academy should be between 20 to 24 years as on January 1, 2023. They must have been born not earlier than January 2, 2000, and not later than January 1, 2004
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for men), unmarried male candidates born not earlier than January 2, 1999, and not later than January 1, 2005, are eligible to apply
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course), candidates should be unmarried and born not earlier than January 2, 1999, and not later than January 1, 2005
- For IMA and Officers’ Training Academy, the required educational qualification is Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university
- For Indian Naval Academy, candidates must have a degree in Engineering from a recognised university
- For Air Force Academy, candidates must have a degree in Engineering from a recognised university. They must have studied Physics and Mathematics in Class 12
CDS 2023 Dates
CDS 2023 dates have been announced by UPSC for CDS written examination. The candidates must go through the CDS dates 2023 and events tables to know the CDS 1 and CDS 2 dates and avoid the lack of information regarding the CDS 2023 exam.
CDS 1 Exam Dates
The CDS 1 exam date and events have been given below in the table:
CDS 1 Events
CDS 1 Dates
Application Form Starts
Application Form Ends (Offline Mode)
Application Form Ends (Online Mode)
CDS Admit Card
CDS 2 Exam Date
The CDS 2 dates and events have been given below in the table. Candidates aspiring for the CDS 2 exam 2023 can refer to the given table:
CDS 2 Events
CDS 2 Dates
Application Form Starts
Application Form Ends
CDS Exam Centres 2023
CDS exam centres 2023 are the cities where the written exam will be conducted. The exam will be conducted in more than 70 cities spread throughout the country. Candidates can enter their preferences for one exam city while filling out the application form. The exam centres will be allotted on a first-apply-first-allot basis. The list of CDS exam centres is given below.
Anantpur (Andhra Pradesh)
Gautam Buddh Nagar
CDS Exam Pattern 2023
CDS exam pattern 2023 is divided into a written exam and SSB Interview. The written exam for IMA, INA, and AFA comprises three sections: English, General Knowledge, and Elementary Mathematics. The test paper for admission to OTA comprises two sections: English and General Knowledge. Each section is held for two hours. The total marks of the test for IMA, INA, and AFA are 300, while it is 200 for OTA.
The SSB Interview for IMA, INA, AFA carries 300 marks each while it is 200 marks for OTA. The SSB Interview procedure consists of two stages: I and II. Stage I of the SSB Interview comprises Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT) and Interviews, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests, and Conferences.
CDS Syllabus 2023
The topic-wise CDS syllabus 2023 is given below.
Antonyms, Sentence improvement, Comprehension, Synonyms, Spotting Errors, etc.
Economics, Current Awareness, Defence, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, etc.
Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration, Statistics, etc.
CDS Admit Card 2023
CDS admit card 2023 for the written exam will be released three weeks before the exam. The admit card will be released for candidates who will successfully register for the exam. To download the admit card, candidates need to enter a registration number or password. CDS admit card is an important document and candidates need to carry it along with one photo-identity proof to the exam centre.
How to Download the CDS 2 Admit Card?
The candidates can download the UPSC CDS admit card for the CDS 2 exam by following the steps given below:
- Go to the CDS official website-upsc.gov.in
- Click on the admit card link in the What's New section
- The page will redirect to the login page
- Fill out the login details
- The admit card will appear on the screen
- Download the admit card and save it for later use
CDS Result 2023
CDS result 2023 has been announced for the written exam on May 4, 2023. The result has been made available in PDF form and it carries the roll numbers of qualified candidates. The CDS 1 result 2023 will be released shortly by the UPSC on their official website. Those who will qualify for the written exam will be called for an SSB interview and the recommended candidates will join the Indian Defence Academies to become defence personnel in various branches of the Indian Armed Forces.
How to Download CDS 1 2023 Result?
The candidates can download the CDS 1 result by following the steps given below for the candidates. The CDS 1 result has been in PDF format in two categories: name-wise and roll number wise which comprises the names of the qualified candidate, their mother's name and father's name, and their roll number:
- Go to the official website -upsc.gov.in/
- Click on the CDS result link on the What's New Section
- Then, Click on the CDS 1 result PDF Link
- The CDS 1 PDF result will appear on the screen
- Download the CDS PDF result and save it for later use